Friday, November 21, 2008

Universal Consciousness

Universal Consciousness
By Deepak Chopra
=======================

"Infinite worlds appear and disappear in the vast expanse of my own consciousness, like motes of dust dancing in a beam of light."
~ Yoga Vasishtha

Each of us exists as a ripple in the conscious intelligence field that gives rise to everything in the universe - our bodies, the stars, the galaxies, and all else. Since we are an inseparable part of this underlying field of intelligence, we are also the source of all reality. In every moment, we are co-creating our world with God, the universe, or spirit.

Both the ancient wisdom traditions and modern science tell us that our bodies, our minds, and the physical world are projections of our consciousness. Only consciousness is real; everything else is its projection. As Deepak often notes, "You are not in the world; the world is in you." It is only the veil of illusion - known as maya in the ancient yogic tradition - that keeps us from seeing that everything is pure consciousness. When we pierce the veil, we discover the spirit in everything and have access to unlimited creative potential. With this issue of mini-Namasté, we invite you to explore the conscious intelligence field and begin to see yourself as a co-creator of your own experience.

"Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself."
~Rumi
______________________

Practices for Transformation
______________________

Intuition, attention, imagination, intention, inspiration, creativity - these are the raw materials of consciousness. With them we can mold our personal reality, and shape our collective reality as well. The following universal principles will help you become aware of how you create your reality, and will empower you to transform or let go of whatever is no longer serving you. Choose one principle to focus on each day and commit to applying it in your life:

The events in my life reflect who I am.

I will choose one thing that happens today and see how it mirrors my self. If I feel angry at someone, I will consider if what I dislike about that person actually exists in me. If an overheard conversation grabs my attention, I will take those worlds as a personal message. I will look at the world inside me.

The people in my life reflect aspects of myself.

Today I will look at my friends, family, and everyone I meet as a group picture of me. Each person stands for a quality I want to see in myself or want to reject. I learn the most from those I intensely love or intensely dislike.

Whatever I pay attention to will grow.

I will take an inventory of how I'm using my attention. I will keep a log of my activities to find out how much time I spend on television, the Internet, hobbies, gossip, work I love, work I dread, activities that fulfill me, or escapist fantasies. I will ask myself, "What do I want to grow in my life?" The answer will tell me how my attention needs to shift.

My true self is pure, unbounded consciousness.

I will remember that thoughts come and go, but the core of consciousness is forever. Today I will experience myself beyond limitations. I will set aside time to be present with myself in silence. I will experience myself as love, as a light that flows from my heart and spreads out into the universe as far as my awareness can reach.

* CHOPRA.COM * © Copyright 2008 The Chopra Center for Wellbeing at La Costa Resort and Spa * 2013 Costa del Mar Rd. Carlsbad, CA 92009 * namaste@chopra.com *